Poster contest / poster gallery: Nanoscience for Information and Computing Technologies
What’s this contest about?
The Catalan Society of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (SCN2) aims to promote and give visibility to the work done by researchers from all stages in Catalonia. Are you working on Nanotechnology? Are you aware of the current challenges in computing and information generation, transmission and storage? Could your research be related to these issues? If your answer to any of these questions is YES, we encourage you to participate in the IIICANN poster contest 2021. Recycle your old conference poster and share it with other young researchers, or share your latest results with other investigators who are working on similar fields. This contest is about sharing research, so don’t hesitate and come to celebrate La Setmana de la Ciència 2021 with us!
If you want to present a poster remember to…
- Submit your abstract (600 words) before midnight, 12th November 2021
- Submit your abstract online. No faxed copies, discs or thumb drives will be accepted.
- Abstracts received after the deadline or incomplete abstracts will be excluded.
- An abstract may only be submitted to the IIICANN-2021 once.
- You need to be affiliated to the SCN2 to be eligible for the poster contest prize.
- A poster gallery and a 3 minutes flash talk will be available for poster contest participants. Participants that aren’t affiliated to the SCN2 can present their posters and give 3 minutes flash talk in this space, but won’t be elegible for the final prize.
Give us a short explanation of your poster! Abstract submission will be required during the poster submission
- The title should be brief, but long enough to clearly identify the nature of the study. Omit author degrees, titles and institutional appointments.
- Indicate the name and location of the institution where the work was done.
- If an author’s name appears on more than one abstract, it must be identical on each abstract.
- Authors will not be able to make changes to any author information past the submission deadline.
- Presenter authors will receive all notifications and communications related to the accepted abstract.
Abstract Body and size
You have 600 words to briefly present the research explained in your poster. Write the abstract freely. As a small tip, we recommend you to include the following sections in order to organize your ideas:
- Background: summarize the purpose, scope and objectives of the study or research.
- Methods: describe the methods used to measure your study/research.
- Results: A summary of the results obtained.
- Conclusion: A statement of conclusions reached in your study or research. Do not simply state “The results will be discussed.”
- Use abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. Use no more than three nonstandard abbreviations.
Other issues to remember…
- The initial responsibility for adherence to ethical guidelines lies with the responsible investigators submitting their research findings to the IICANN 2020.
Meeting Registration and Attendance
- All abstract presenters are required to register and attend the IICANN 2020. Presenters who fail to arrange for an alternate presenter or fail to notify the SCN2 staff of withdrawal and do not present their abstract at the meeting may be administratively withdrawn from future SCN2 conferences.
- All posters written in English, Spanish or Catalan will be accepted.
If your abstract has been selected for the poster contest / poster gallery:
- You will receive an email notification indicating if your abstract has been accepted/rejected for the poster contest / poster gallery.
- Poster format accepted during the Congress will be a portrait Power Point slide or similar (16:9 or 4:3 dimensions).
- You will have a 3 minutes flash talk to expose your poster during the Congress.
Only for poster contest participants (SCN2 affiliation required)
- After all the posters have been presented, a QR code will direct the participants to a voting system to select the best poster.
- The most voted poster will receive a 100€ prize!!
You can affiliate to the Catalan Society of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (SCN2) at any time of the year, we are waiting for you!